Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My First Blog, so be Gentle

Hey or How-Do,

My name is Bill and I work at ImaginOn as a Children's Librarian. Of the seven and a-half Habits of Successful Lifelong Learners, I would have to say the easiest for me is Accepting Responsibility for your own Learning. For the past 5 years I have either been in school or working here at the ImaginOn. It has been wonderful for me because I have taken responsibility for my succeeding or failure. Fortunately most of that has been in the succeeding category. The hardest one for me has been Having Confidence in Yourself as a Competent, Effective Learner. I sometimes doubt my abilities and skills and that in general is a bad thing. However in a twisted sort of way this pushes me on to strive even harder to master things I come across; which I usually do. Well I need to get back to work so "Good Night and Good Luck"

Bill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
I like your blog background. Good Luck!

Salad Days said...

Wonderful start to your blog, Bill. Best wishes on continued blogging and learning... and more blogging!

Darth Corder said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I appriciate it as I enter these uncertian waters. Thanks again,
Bill