Thursday, October 26, 2006

I done good Ma!!!! Look at Me!!!! Finished YAE!!!!!

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I found some some very cool tools and resourses out in electronic land that I never knew existed. This is probably going to sound very lame but some of my favorite discovers were Library Thing and You Tube. I just found them great resourse of information, fun and enjoyment.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I definitly more internet tools sauve. I can be a better librarian by knowing what's out there in helping and enabling my patrons.

Were there any take-a-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I definitly learned a great deal of stuff which I had no idea would be so cool and user friendly. That really was my biggest surprise; not at all what I expected.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least…

I have to say somethings could be improved upon, even though I throughly enjoyed the program and learned so much. One thing is that the concept of getting help from your peers sounds good on paper, but with all we have to do in our jobs asking someone's time for help when you are struggling to get your stuff done did not work out that well. Perhaps with the online leassons offer some special times when people can get one on one assistance or even group help. Just some thoughts; but I do want to stress that I loved the program. More time to complete would have been nice also.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

Yes.

1 comment:

HeleneB said...

Congrats Bill on completing 23 things!!! Yeah! Your MP3 player is on its way!!